Last Updated: [1 March, 2019]
Information we collect
We may collect the following kinds of information:
- Pillar collects information from you when you provide it to us. This happens when you register for an account on our website or application or form; when you enter into an agreement with us; use our services, or communicate with us, such as through our website, applications, e-mail, SMS, over the telephone or in person. The information you provide us may include information that personally identifies you ("Personal Information"), such as name, e-mail address, phone number or your mailing address. We also may collect your credit card or bank information in order to process payments. You may also provide us information about a person whose care is being managed through our services, such as that person's Personal Information, medical status, and special needs and preferences. You agree not to provide us information about any other person unless you have that person's express permission.
- Information you provided to Caregivers ("Caregivers") or the care-recipient may provide information to other Pillar’s employees. Pillar’s employees and agents will use our services to manage and communicate with you about the services that Pillar provides, including by entering information about the services and the recipient of the services into the application and websites.
- Information from mobile devices when you interact with our website or applications on a mobile device, your mobile carrier may automatically send us your device and hardware ID, device type, carrier, carrier user ID, the content of your request and basic usage statistics about your device and usage of our website or applications. We do not store this information or use it for any purpose. If you provide it to us or send us a message from your mobile device, we may also collect your phone number. Your device may also store information about your usage of our website and applications. Please consult your device documentation on how to manage local storage.
- Information based on standard web protocols when you access our website through a browser or application, like other web providers, our servers automatically record certain information. This data is recorded in server logs and may include information such as your web request, your interaction with the website, the website that you were visiting when you came to our website, your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and language, the date and time of your request, and your cookie data.
- We may collect the following kinds of information:
How we use the information we collect
- Information we collect is used to provide, maintain and improve the services offered by Pillar and to perform our obligation in respect of any agreement entered into with you.
- We also use information internally to design and develop new services.
- We may combine information we collect from various sources to improve the efficacy of our service offerings.
- We may perform statistical, demographic and marketing analyses, including to determine how users interact with our services, the level of interest in our services, and to customise products and services for you.
- We may use information to contact you about the services and send you information that you have requested.
How we share the information we collect
- Pillar may share your Personal Information with people or organisations that you authorise, including family members and people you have engaged to provide other services, such as doctors or other care providers; with companies with whom we have contracted to provide services on our behalf, such as web hosting services, application development, analytics, security, and data processing; our advisers (including but not limited to accountants, auditors, lawyers, financial advisers or other professional advisers) on a need-to-know basis; and with companies and/or organisations that assist us in processing and/or providing services to you.
Where we have a good faith to believe that it is necessary to:
- satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental requirement;
- enforce any applicable terms of our services;
- detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; or
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Pillar, its partners, its users or the public.
- We recognise that data security is important and reasonable measures should be taken to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse or unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
- We regularly review our physical and digital security, storage, and processing to ensure adherence to industry best practices.
- If you believe that the Personal Information you have provided us have been compromised, or if you become aware of a potential security vulnerability in our website or application, please contact us at email@example.com.
Communicating with you
- You agree that Pillar may send you communications relating to your account and the Pillar services.
- The communications in the above Clause 5.1 may be through e-mail, telephone, SMS or notifications through applications.
- You can elect not to receive certain marketing messages from Pillar by e-mail by following the instructions in the e-mail or by contacting us, but you cannot elect not to receive administrative messages relating to your account or legal matters.
- You consent to receiving all legally-required notifications from Pillar through display on our website or application, through the e-mail you provide to us, or through the e-mail associated with your Pillar account.
- The third-party websites in the above Clause 6.1 may independently solicit and collect information, including Personal Information, from you and, in some instances, provide us with information about your activities on those websites.
- We recommend that you consult the privacy statements of all third-party websites you visit by clicking on the privacy link typically located at the bottom of the webpage you are visiting.
Children's Personal Information
- This website is intended for use by persons over the age of eighteen (18).
- Pillar does not seek to collect information about children under the age of eighteen (18).
- No information should be submitted to or posted on this website by users under eighteen (18) years of age.
- If you believe that we might have any information from a child under age eighteen (18), please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do Not Track
- Pillar does not track its customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
- When we receive formal written complaints, we will contact the person who made the complaint to determine whether modifications to our policies and procedures should be made.
- This Policy is published in English and Malay. In the event of any conflict between the English and Malay versions, the English version shall prevail.